4/23/2008

What I Experience After Nearly A Year In Speaking Class

I'd like to say hello to our 1C's stars and starlets-to-be.
I'm telling you what I feel and think now. You know, 8 months ago I was very eager to wait for the coming of the new school year. My first thought was like: "Whoo, in this university, will I get some unforgettable experience? How are the teachers? And what about my classmates? Ah, right, with my level it's not surprising that my friends will all be my little teachers". And so on, I kept thinking about what was going to happen in here. Then, those first days at 1C came. I was so scared and didn't dare to say anything but just looked at you. I couldn't tell how much I admired you. So, I said to myself that there was going to be a lot to learn from you, and my speaking skill may improve day by day. A few weeks passed, I didn't feel so scared as I was before. And what was going on in class is that Mr. Binh let us practised with the roleplays. You would never know how excited I was when the first time I saw your roleplays. "Gee, where am I?" That was more than what I expected. Although sometimes you made mistakes with the pronunciation, you've shown me how to speak or to express myself. Speaking is not just using some simple sentences but it is to manipulate functions too. Speaking is not speaking only but listening first. Speaking is not minding making mistakes but learn from them. Speaking is using words and also your body language etc. Well, you definitely teach me a lot more than that. From your presentations, roleplays and debates, I learn to be more confident, I learn what I should do when talking in front of a crowd. For example, eye contact is very necessary, not to look down on the floor or look up at the ceiling all the time. And of course, I also learn something not concerning speaking, it's something about how to use ppt file and how to make a blog, moreover something about life, something about how to be a better person, something about teaching career,... I appreciate it so much. And I don't know how to thank you enough for all your helping. You made my progress. Well, lots of things to tell, but I would like to say this one sentence:
I LOVE YOU, MY 1C07!

5 comments:

SAD RAIN said...

I hate disagree with you.I think not only you but also all members of 1C07 learn many things from this semester,especially in role-play today. it seems most my classmates are actors and actresses. everyone act very actively and perfect. and there are many you who have good pronounciaton. all of things prove you're well-prepared. however,there also are many students encountered many mistakes and feedback. and i think all of us tried our best. this is thing appreciated. and we wish we will able to make better in our final test. thanks your entry very much

Captain Nemo said...

This is the very first entry posted after the class, am I right? ^^. I can't imagine why you love us so much( although I know I'm very lovely). We're friends and friends help friends. That's normal. Whoever you are, this is a very nice entry. ^^ (Shark)

F.l.y.i.n.G K.i.t.e.S said...

As I has just said in our blog, in this term everybody make nonstop effort. So, we have good result as we desire. Thank to role-play and other activities, we can improve our skills in speaking.

We are 1C07. We are friends ^^, do not bother to thank. It is just what we can do for each other. We will be friends forever!!!

tre con 89 said...

when I entered this uni, I felt scared. But now, i feel very confiden because you are my best friends, 1c07....****

Anonymous said...

I am deeply impressed by the idea that speaking can only go after listening. Frankly, it is you who have done a good job. Remember, practice makes perfect.